This information is extracted from the Expedition Centre website (Australia). Black Sheep are marketing it in Europe.
The award winning Mulgo Pop-top Roof converts your Ineos Grenadier into comfortable, spacious overnight homes. Built from aluminium, it’s light-weight, and the solid construction ensures that the offroad capability of the original vehicle is not impacted.
The full standing height inside your vehicle gives you the added privacy you often miss while camping and superior comfort when the weather is not favourable.
Easy to Use
Featuring strong gas-struts and two release latches accessible from the inside, the Pop-top Roof is lifted in seconds. The rigid platform supporting the overnight bed can be lowered independently of the Pop-top Roof, thus allowing full standing height.
Comfortable Bed for Two
The comfortable 70mm dual layer, high density mattress gives you a comfortable sleep in our home on wheels. Your sleeping bags or doonas will remain in place while the roof is down, snuggly fitting into the space between the supporting platform and the roof.
As an upgrade we exclusively offer the Swiss-Designed Fanello Bed. With its timber slats and patented latex cushions, you will have the best possible support and most comfortable sleep. Together with the 70mm dual layer mattress it gives you a total of 120mm of cushioning.
Windows on both sides as well as at the back allow sufficient aeration. All windows are covered with mosquito nets, and can be closed from the inside using the Velcro® lining. The large windows allow for panoramic views from your bed.
Full Weather Protection
Using high-tech canvas Airtex®, a light-weight, extremely durable and breathable material, and quality seals ensure the vehicle is fully weather tight.
The low profile and integrated, light-weight construction of the aluminium Pop-top Roof ensures that the aerodynamic properties of your vehicle are minimally impacted, thus ensuring that the change in fuel efficiency of your car is not noticable.
Look & Feel
The design of the Mulgo Pop Top Roof is based on the original manufacturers’ looks, with all parts of the construction matching your vehicle body colour. The distinctive handles in the roof cavities as well as the four genuine power points have been integrated in the design.
The airline tracks mounted on the roof are of the same profile as the genuine tracks on the side of the Grenadier and as such take the same attachment.
Load bars or roof racks can also be attached to these airline tracks.
- manufacturing and fitting of pop top conversion in our workshop
- NSW/QLD Engineering Certificate (other states on request)
- lower frame and roof colour matched to your vehicle colour, using automotive 2-pack paint
- roof insulated and covered with automotive roof lining
- 2x LED reading lights with hi/low setting and USB charging port
- internally mounted, self locking heavy duty tie down latches (allow for quick opening and safe closing of the Mulgo Pop Top)
- one window on either side and one at the rear
- mosquito netting on all three windows
- window covers open top down internally for maximum privacy and regulation of airflow
- gas strut assisted lifting bed platform to allow for full standing height
- 70mm twin layer high density mattress with soft layer and removable cover
See Black Sheep to Order.